Create beautiful handcrafted product photos that inspire customers and light up the algorithm
That creative energy grinds to a halt, and you disappointingly end up with drab, boring product images that don’t do your work justice.
Not understanding the techniques can trip up even the most wildly creative people.
Here’s the good news.
Learning the craft of creative photo styling allows you to:
- Create compelling images and stand out in a saturated online environment
- Be recognizable with a consistent, distinctive brand aesthetic for your business
- Light up the search + social algorithms with images that inspire engagement
- Evoke emotion + inspire shoppers to buy through images that tell a story
- Feel confident sharing + selling your work in the bustling virtual marketplace
- Fall in love with crafting beautiful, creative product images of your work
Inside Product Photo Styling you will...
- Deep dive into your branding & establish a unique style guide for your photos
- Develop a shortlist of props that will become your go-to pieces for amplifying your brand story
- Hone in on a small selection of backgrounds that are the perfect compliment for your brand aesthetic
- Become familiar with different compositions for styled photos that draw the attention to your products or artwork
- Weave emotive and compelling visual storytelling into your images that will inspire engagement and move buyers to take action
Brand Consistency & Your Ideal Customer
Establish consistency in your styled photos by making them on-brand and styled so they attract your ideal customers.
How to choose the right props that will be the perfect compliment to your brand and product (and where to source them).
The guidelines for appropriate backgrounds for styled photos, and how to choose the right background that’s a fit for your products and brand.
Prop & Product Arrangement
Arrange your props + product and compose the photo in a way that make your product the focal point of the image, while the props remain supportive and enhance the overall look and attractiveness of the photo
Use props, backgrounds, and arrangement to tell an impactful story and communicate a narrative that will resonate with your ideal customers, creating feelings of desire and compelling them to actually buy.
Social Media vs Product Listing Photos
Learn the different roles played by social media and product listing photos and how to share the right photos in the right places.
- 90+ Props Ideas
- Style Guide Canva Template
- PDF Workbook
- Access to an exclusive students-only MAPP community group
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the class delivered?
Product Photo Styling is delivered via video lessons inside your secure course area. The videos include verbal instruction and plenty of visuals. You also will receive PDF downloads, a style guide template, and more.
Is the class self-paced?
Yes. You can complete the class as quickly as you want or you can take your time. You can also revisit the lessons as often as you need.
Can I use my smartphone camera?
Absolutely, Product Photo Styling is applicable to anyone who wants to take more creative photos, regardless of camera.
How long will I have access?
You will have lifetime access to this class. “Lifetime” refers to the lifetime of the class and Maker's Academy of Product Photography. As long as it's is offered, you will have access to it and any updates. Should the class no longer continue to be hosted on my site, you will have ample opportunity to download the lessons for your own personal future reference.
What if I have questions or want feedback?
When you enroll in any MAPP class, you are invited to join the private student community where you can ask questions, get feedback, and connect with other learners.
Is this for any kind of product?
The styling principles outlined in Product Photo Styling are applicable to any product, from jewelry to quilts to wall art (and everything in between).
TitleI am a so called subtitle.
Content goes here ..