Adding the final flourish to your handcrafted product photos has never been easier
Capturing a photo with your camera is the first draft. Editing it is the final draft.
In the final step of editing, you lovingly and carefully mould the image into a work of art - that draws customers in and allows them to experience the magic of your creations through beautiful and compelling product photos.
Simple steps create a big impact.
Once you discover the incredible effect those tools have on your images, you'll fall in love with the magic of photo editing.
Inside Photo Editing Made Easy you will...
- Become confident using the editing software programs Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, or a similar program.
- Develop a robust skillset for adding the perfect final touches to your creative product photos
- Learn more than just "how to make your photos look nice", but how to make them really stand out as creative and professional images
- Establish an efficient editing process and workflow with the secrets and shortcuts used by pros who edit hundreds of photos a day
- Fall in love with photo editing (seriously) once you learn how quick, impactful, and rewarding it really can be
Starting With a Decent Image
Tips and guidelines for taking a decent image that will allow you to edit most effectively.
Editing Software Options
The different options for photo editing software, including my overall picks for photo editing software, my top recommendation for photo editing software without a subscription, and my pick for a mobile photo editing app.
Cropping & Resizing Your Images
Learn how to crop and resize for optimal image size and resolution for different platforms.
Adjust the Tones
Understand how the different tones impact your images and how you can adjust and fine-tune the tones for the perfect balance.
Adjust the Colour Balance
Learn how to effectively adjust the colour balance in your photos for the best colour accuracy.
Working with Layers
How to work with layers to fine tune your photo and create more opportunities to uplevel your photo.
Saving & Exporting
Save & Export your images confidently, optimized for web and with the correct file type and color profile.
- Printable Quick Reference Guide to have on your desk as you edit your photos
- Super handy list of Keyboard Shortcuts for more efficient (and way less clunky) editing
- A Glossary of Terms so you can easily reference the meaning behind frequently used words related to photo editing
- Access to an exclusive students-only MAPP community group
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I'm a total editing beginner?
My classes are designed with everyone in mind, including total beginners. This course teaches you a simple and effective process to achieve well-edited and professional-looking photos even if you’re totally new to photo editing.
What if I already know a bit about editing?
If you want to learn a process that will have you easily and efficiently editing your product photos, then you will benefit from this class. Some of my students are already quite familiar with programs like Photoshop and they’ve found loads of value in this class.
How long will the class take?
This class is self-paced, with concise lessons designed to help you learn effectively and efficiently. You can complete the class as quickly as you want, or take your time. There are no time restrictions on your access to the class.
What if I only use a smartphone?
The editing techniques apply to any image whether taken with a smartphone or a DSLR camera.
Do I need Photoshop or Lightroom?
To get the most out of this class, it is recommend that you use Photoshop, Lightroom, or Affinity Photo for editing your photos.
How long will I have access?
You will have lifetime access to this class. “Lifetime” refers to the lifetime of the class and Maker's Academy of Product Photography. As long as it's is offered, you will have access to it and any updates. Should the class no longer continue to be hosted on my site, you will have ample opportunity to download the lessons for your own personal future reference.
What if I have questions or want feedback?
When you enroll in any MAPP class, you are invited to join the private student community where you can ask questions, get feedback, and connect with other learners.
TitleI am a so called subtitle.
Content goes here ..